Human Resources Manager
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council invites applications for the position of Human Resources Manager.
No of position/s – 01
Duration – Indefinite
- Lead and execute end-to-end internal and external recruitment and selection lifecycle activities within defined timelines as per British Council framework. Support business units/ functions to meet their fast-growing recruitment needs in Bangladesh.
- Ensure completion of pre-joining formalities of background verification, reference checks, pre-employment medicals for selected candidates.
- Oversee the recruitment of consultants and temporary staff.
- Lead and support workforce planning exercise for British Council Bangladesh as appropriate.
- Lead on employer branding initiatives to ensure that British Council is positioned as an attractive employer in Bangladesh.
- Lead and/or assist on HR data analytics for the Bangladesh operation. This includes supporting the management of the Global HR Information Management System on a real time basis and regular reporting of key HR metrics to Director Human Resources and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Responsible for sharing recruitment dashboard and reports for key internal stakeholders to make better recruitment decisions and ultimately improve the quality of hire.
- Support Director Human Resources and/or lead in implementing a range of HR initiatives including talent management, employee engagement, employer branding etc.
- Oversee and assist in delivering day to day HR operation including HR record keeping.
- Uses understanding of own culture and cultural differences to work collaboratively
- Identifies, resolves or escalates issues relating to the impact of change, minimising risk of negative impact on any particular group within the population
- Uses a range of techniques from questioning, probing through to formal surveys and data gathering to identify the key issues
- Assist staff in understanding relevant HR policies and procedures and knowledge of where to obtain guidance on them.
And will have the following skills and experience
- At least 5 years work experience in HR and 2 years in a similar position with a clear understanding of the HR recruitment processes in mid to large scale organisations.
- Very good understanding of organisation resourcing strategy
- Strong HR generalist skills; well versed in all areas of the HR life cycle
- Excellent communication skills both in Bangla and in English
- Excellent MS Excel and data management skills
- First University Degree in any discipline
We can offer
- Monthly salary BDT 93,750 (Consolidated).
- Transport allowance of Tk 9000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
To apply, please click on the following link that will take you to the Jobs portal of British Council
Closing date: 24 November 2018
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”